Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend roundup

Well... just as somehting to do, I thought I'd review my weekend for myself . On Friday, Chris and I stayed home and watched 'March of the Penquins' which I really liked. The cinematography was AMAZING, obviously, and the penguins were just too darned cute! Of course, there were some parts that nearly made me cry (especially when some of the poor little eggs rolled away from their parents and froze and died almost instantly - talk about evoking painful memories). I'm very glad that we watched it, though!

On Saturday, I went to the gym (yeah, me!) and then Chris and I went out looking for dishwashers. We're not looking for one just yet but wanted to see what was out there in our price range (Chris wants to stay under $400 for the unit itself). Of course, I really loved the Bosch that we saw at our local appliance store but the base model was around $600 so that's out of the question. (Have I ever mentioned that I have expensive taste!) We did end up with a new microwave so I'm glad to have that - our old one was VERY old, small and underpowered! I'll certainly have to get used to the new one - I've already overcooked quite a few dishes! Saturday night, we went out to the bar to watch the Eagle's game. I was just there to drink but I supposed Chris wanted to watch the game! I had entirely too much to drink and ended up regretting it on Sunday but I had a good time and it was really nice to be able to let go.

Sunday, I spent all day on the couch, watching the 'Monk' marathon on USA! Poor Chris had to go to the club for his weekly duties and took a nap when he came home 'cause he REALLY wasn't feeling well!! We had Chinese take out for dinner 'cause I didn't feel like cooking.

My friend Mimi and I went out to lunch today to Lily's on Main in Ephrata. Our original destination was 10,000 Villages but they were closed for MLK day . We had a very nice lunch so it was no biggie but the sign at 10,000 Villages said they were serving native american cuisine today and I was really looking forward to that. Oh well, perhaps I'll have to go down there by myself - afterall, it is only 25 or so minutes away!

So that was my weekend.

No comments: