Monday, January 15, 2007

Childhood ambitions...

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer 'when I grew up'. Here I am, all grown up, not working (by choice) and I still want to be a writer. I've never really been able to follow through with much in my life, though, and so this ambition has remained just a dream. Until now, hopefully. I was thiknking about everything that I've been through in my life (my problems with infertility, specifically) and thought that it might make a good story. I know that everyone probably thinks that about their life but I'm sure that there are a lot of women out there for whom this subject may make interesting reading. As I've said, this has always just been an ambition so I'm not really even sure where to start but I think that this is something that I really need to do. I've written my first paragraph and am stuck there but this really is something that I would like to do and I think if I put my mind to it, I can complete this book and make my dream into a reality! I know that I want this book to show the strength that women who endure this pain have but I'm not sure if I want a happy ending or not. I suppose I'll be writing from what I know so it may depend on if we have a happy ending or not. I'd love to hear any thoughts that you may have on this! PLease leave me a comment if you're so inclined.

1 comment:

Paige Kite said...

Krista, I have enjoyed scanning over your posts about your TTC journey. I belong to at least 1 of your Yahoo! TTC groups. Best wishes to you in your journey and in trying to write your book! I also have had a miscarriage (July 06) and can understand your pain. However, I cannot imagine the pain of multiple losses. I'm so sorry.

Feel free to check out my posts too. www.kitefamily.us I blogged the most about my miscarriage around July and last fall.

God bless!