Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Running, Chasing, Writing!

I've been trying to get a sidebar add-on that will show my running log from favoriterun.com but I can't seem to get it to work out... I'll have to try again in a few days when (hopefully) my brain iwll have come up with a new idea or two!

Obviously, I've started running again... well... that's what I like to call it anyway! I run for a minute and walk for a minute. I don't think I'll ever be a speed or distance runner but I know it's a great way to lose weight and get toned up and this pace is just fine for me. I have tried before to be a consistent (as in no walking breaks) runner and it just doesn't work. I get injured or just plain winded and don't keep up. I've been running the way I do now for 6 or 8 months (before my 3 week preganancy/miscarriage hiatus) and I enjoy it. It's enough of a challenge to get my heart rate up and sweat pouring but not enough to make me dread the treadmill. I did 1.79 miles yesterday in 30 minutes. Not a pace that will set the world on fire but, as you can tell, that doesn't bother me!

This morning the genertor guy came out for the annual service. I knew he was coming but it didn't really dawn on me this morning. Winston (our adorable but PITA springer spaniel) realized someone was here and of course wanted to go out and play with him (what a guard dog)! It wasn't till I went to put up the flag (about 10 minutes after letting Winston out) that I realized the generator guy was here. I went out and appologized for just letting the dog out without letting him know but he really didn't mind!! I was here in the office so able to keep an eye on Winston out the window. And imagine my surprise (NOT!) when I saw he had stolen the poor guy's roll of paper towels and was trying to shred it all over my back yard!! I guess that's what I get for letting him out and not supervising but it's getting cold out there! (Which reminds me... I need to put 'build a fire' on the to do list for today!) Winston had a great time out paying with the nice man and (luckily for me!) it tired him out so he's taking a nap right now!

I've started writing my book!!! I've never really known where to start but I came across this brief but immensly helpful article the other day and it really has me focused on this entire process! I wrote for an hour this morning - just 'fleshing out' the characters. The next step (hopefully tomorrow) will be to plot out the story. I've never done this much prep work when I thought about writing and I think that this will really help me to stay focused. Whenever I wanted to write before, I just did. No direction in mind just a general idea of what I'd like to write about and where I'd like to end up. Anyway... I will certianly keep updating about everything.

I'm STILL spotting a little bit after the miscarriage which is really just so anoying by now. I did a bit of knitting last night and hope to have the middle panel of my KING SIZE bed throw done by this weekend (only a year to get this far!). Hope to be able to post some pictures later today but still have some paperwork to do so I don't know if I'll get to it or not.

No comments: