Monday, February 12, 2007

Doctor's appointment update

Well, we had our follow up apointment with my doctor on Friday and got some good news - we can start trying to get pregnant as soon as we get to "that point" of this cycle! I'm so thrilled that we don't have to wait 3 months again. I'm a bit apprehensive because it doesn't seem like we're doing much different so I don't know if I can hope for a different outcome. My doctor did put me on a high dose of progesterone (I think it's prometrium, 100 mg) which he said will make sure my lining is matured enough to support a pregnancy. He also said that high doses of progesterone have been known to suppress the imune system a bit so perhaps that will counteract the antinuclear antibodies that could potentially be attachking the pregnancy. When we *do* get pregnant again, I'm going to ask him about the possibility of the prolactin in Chris' semen potentially causing spasms and miscarriage (don't remember which book I read this in but it's always stuck in my mind). Perhaps we'll have to use condoms when I'm pregnant (how funny is that!) but if it will halp it's SO worth it!

I just found this great webite - www.librarything.com - that lets you keep track of the books you're reading, waiting for, love, etc. This is great for me 'cause I keep adding more books to the list of ones that I want to read and it's getting a bit unruly! Plus, I can add it to my sidebar - check it out!

Anyway... were supposed to get a TON of snow here in the next few days. It looks like ccuweather is saying 3-6 inches by Wednesday night but I've heard reports all over the place - even up to a foot! As Chris sayd every time I ask how much snow we're getting - "I'll tell you Thursday".

Have a great day!

No comments: