Thursday, April 12, 2007

Motorcycles, MP530, Meat and Mettings!

What a day!! Yesterday I was feeling really good - perhaps the best I have in a week. Still tired but emotionally quite stable and today was almost as good!

I started off my day by purchasing a new Canon Pixma MP530 all-in-one printer that I'm enjoying so far! Then, I decided to go over to the DMV and get my motorcycle permit. I've been toying with the idea of getting my license since my miscarriage last January (2006) and was looking at the motorcycle safety program again the other day. In order to take the course, you have to have your permit and the permit is good for a year. I'm still not sure if I'm going to take the course or not but at least if I decide on a whim that I want to, I'm ready to go!! It made me feel very empowered to walk out of there with my permit! I guess it kind of makes me feel like I may be getting my life back to normal - whatever the hell that is!!

Then, I went to the meat sale at my local grocery store! This may sound like a really ridiculous thing to be excited about but Chris got me a foodsaver for Christmas and I just LOVE to use the thing and the meat sale gives me a great excuse to do so! So, I ended up spending $156 on groceries yesterday!!! BUT, I've got enough pork tenderloin, sirloins, fillets, frying chickens, smoked turkey sausage and whole chicken leg pieces to last me for a least 4 months (or one big party!!!)!

Tonight was also the HOG (Harley Owners Group) meeting which we always enjoy. They have a 'pig pot' where all of the members present put in a dollar and a name is drawn. If the person whose name is drawn is at the meeting and has put their dollar in, they win the money. The pot is up to a TON of money after not being won in over a year so we always go hoping to hit it - that'll be my new computer!! - but no luck last night an it will carry over to next month! Fingers crossed!!!

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be going out to lunch with my friend Julia who lives in Harrisburg but I haven't heard from her about it!! I hope she's still planning on coming because I'm really looking forward to it!

On Saturday, there is a Spiritual and Holistic Fair at a local 'resort' that I'm going to and on Sunday it's off to the Spa at Hershey with the Ladies of Harley!!!! I'm REALLY looking forward to that!! I'm getting the body coffee polish and 35 minutes of reflexology as well a lunch with the ladies! I was hoping to take a meditation class as well but they only have Pilates and Body Muscle (whatever that is!) on Sundays. I guess I'll just have to sit in the silent room and meditate by myself! Nothing wrong with that.

Off to bed now! For lots and lots of sleep to give my body the rest that it needs. I've been very achy over the last week which, I'm sure, has something to do with my mood. Hopefully, I'm on the upswing now.

No comments: