Monday, March 26, 2007

Anxiety and relief.

I've been trying to post since Friday and haven't been successful so I'll briefly summarize and if I ever get Friday's post to be accepted, you can read it then!!

I've been having one h-ll of a week. We went for our first ultrasound on Thursday and everything looked good - couldn't see the heartbeat but we didn't expect it since it was so early. Well, that night I had this tremendous (gas-like) pain and started spotting bright red no more than a half hour after that. Of course, I thought the worst. Got in for an appointment on Friday morning while hubby was having his wisdom tooth pulled and they said that nothing had changed (which made me feel a bit better) and ordered bloodwork. Vegged on the couch with hubby most of the weekend and was feeling better and then it happened last night again! The pain wasn't as bad this time and the spotting wasn't as bright but I still had a BAD feeling. I called my dr.s office this morning for the results of the blood work and my beta looks great - over 8,000 now - and progesterone does too - 36.67 so I'm very relieved by that. The nurse said that there was some fluid in my uterus that was unrelated to the pregnancy and could be from a corpus luteum cyst that ruptured on Thursday just before my ultrasound. Chris thought this could be the reason but nobody at the doctor's office had ever suggested it before now! Can you believe it?!?! You would think that with my history of miscarriage they would've let me know a little something like the fact that I may end up bleeding and it's nothing to worry about!!

Anyway... the nurse told me to take it easy until the appointment on Thursday so that is exactly what I'm planning on doing. I'm off to make myself some lunch and then read a book that's overdue from the library so I can have hubby return it for me tomorrow (taking it easy, remember! What a great excuse for hubby help!)

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly this time!

No comments: